There is a lot of talk about glass-ceilings and how to overcome them. Whatever the glass-ceiling for you, these 5 actions will enable you to Accelerate your Personal Impact and get you noticed.
- Have a vision for what you want to achieve for your role and communicate your vision and purpose at every opportunity.
- Plan to make yourself redundant. If you have a team, bring them on the journey with you and ‘let go’, allowing them to step into your shoes.
- Don’t be afraid to take tough decisions. Just be clear about why and how you made that decision.
- Get to know your stakeholders, what do they need and what are their interests. How can you help them achieve their goals? Plan how and how often you communicate with them. Manage them!
- Finally, ask for feedback from those who hold the keys to your success and act on it. This shows you are taking your career seriously and raises their awareness of you too.
You don’t have to abandon your integrity to be successful, but you do have to show your value and be visible to those that can help you succeed.
To accelerate your personal impact and break your personal glass-ceiling contact me at email@example.com or call me +44 (0) 7734 336487.