Do you ever feel frustrated by the decision-making process in your business?
Does it feel bureaucratic, unclear, or worse still well-defined but ignored?
Are you preparing endless proposals, cost-benefit analyses, pros and cons and market insights only to find that your well thought out recommendations and arguments are ignored?
Is your business in decision-making paralysis, are you working in a ‘Pit of Uncertainty’?
This is a serious problem right now for UK businesses trying to be agile and fast moving.
All is not lost.
You can take the lead right now and shine a light into the ‘Pit of Uncertainty’ about decision-making in your business.
- Have clear business priorities that you want to focus on and communicate them openly and often.
- Communicate your decision process – whatever it is and the information that you need to make a decision.
- THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE! Follow your decision process, be predictable.
- Communicate your decisions and the reasons for them.
- IF you do feel the need to move away from the process ask yourself if it is meeting its objectives, and don’t be afraid to challenge it, change it and communicate the new way.
Creating a culture of certainty with decisions in your control will help people focus on the right priorities and preparing the right information so that decisions can be made quickly and effectively, helping drive your business forwards as well as saving time and money.
Tell me your thoughts on the decision-making processes you have in your business and what works well for you.